We at Aurora Shop appreciate your privacy and understand our responsibility when collecting and storing data. We take data protection very seriously and we always use the best possible measures to take care of all of the data that we collect, receive or store. We also find it important to provide our customers with the opportunity to access their own data or to be completely forgotten.
Company registration number FI3000429-9
Our official shop web page www.aurorashop.fi
Our official company page www.allaboutlapland.fi
Who is responsible for your personal data?
Aurora Shop is the data controller and has the following contact information:
Via mail: Aurora Shop, Sarkatie 5, 96460 Rovaniemi, Finland
Phone: +358 45 3118838
Aurora Shop intends to process all personal data in a legal, open and fair manner in accordance with applicable law (including the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016).
When do we process your personal data?
As a customer at Aurora Shop, we process your personal data when you make a purchase on Aurora Shop’s website, use Aurora shop’s support, visit Aurora shop’s website or otherwise contact Aurora Shop.
Aurora Shop also collects and updates address information through third party services, such as Klarna or Stripe, for address updates.
What personal data do we collect and process?
- The products you are looking at (for example for making a last seen product list for you).
- IP address, browser type and location to offer appropriate delivery options and taxes rates.
- Name, shipping address, telephone number, email address for delivery
- Billing information and payment information
What data we store?
- Shopping history: Ordered products, refunds and payments
- Name, shipping address and payment method
- Online store’s browsing and usage data
When Aurora Shop processes personal information with the consent of you, your consent must be voluntary, specific, informed and imply unambiguous consent to be considered as legal basis. If you have given your consent to Aurora Shop, you are entitled to withdraw it at any time.
When you make an order from us we will ask for:
- Name and Surname
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payments details
We will use this information for:
- To send you emails about your order status
- To respond to you in case of complains and refunds
- To process payments and prevent fraud
- To comply with any legal obligations, such as taxes
- To improve customer experience and customer service
We will store information for about 2 years since you make the order for the accounting and tax purposes
Access to stored personal data
Data forwarded to third parties is only used to provide the above mentioned services to you, such as freight forwarders in the field of delivery of goods, media agencies for distribution of marketing and credit reporting or debt collection agencies for credit reporting, identity checks and debt collection.
The shipping information is shared with delivery services, like Fedex or Finnish post office. For shipping outside EU we share information with custom by request.
We never transfer your personal data for marketing purposes conducted by third parties outside the Aurora Shop and our partners. We will neither sell your personal data to third parties without your permission. Aurora Shop may disclose your personal data if it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or government requirements, to safeguard Aurora Shop’s legal interests or to detect, prevent or notice fraud and other security or technical issues.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken technical and organizational measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation and unauthorized access. We are continuously adjusting our security measures in accordance with the progress and developments in the technical field. To make card purchases as secure as possible, all data is sent in an encrypted form. This means that the information is transmitted via a secure connection and that your personal data cannot be read by third parties. For card purchases, we collaborate with an authorized payment agent that helps us to instantly check with the bank that the card is valid for purchase. Our payment agent processes your card details in accordance with the international security standard PCI DSS developed by VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB card companies. This means that the security is very high when processing your card details. When you pay by card, we reserve the right to carry out an identity check.
Cookies and other tracking
When you visit the Aurora Shop online store, your web browser automatically receives a cookie. We use different kinds of cookies to provide our users with optimized and personalized service. We also use some third-party cookies to improve the functionality of our online service, improve user experience and optimize communication and marketing.
What is a cookie?
How long is the cookie valid?
The cookies stored on your device are valid for a maximum of 24 months starting from the date of each visit.
What are your rights?
Aurora Shop will, at your request or on its own initiative, rectify, delete, disassociate or supplement your personal data if the data is found to be incorrect, incomplete or misleading.
As a data subject, you have the right to request:
1. Access to your personal data. You have the right to have a filing extract or a copy of all personal data Aurora Shop is processing about you. This right can be used at any time through a written and signed request.
2. Rectification of your personal data. You have the right to request that Aurora Shop will correct incorrect or incomplete processed personal data without unnecessary delay.
3. Deletion of your personal data. You are entitled to request that your personal data is deleted if the storage of data no longer is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. If there is a statutory requirement to store your personal data or if there are other legitimate reasons why Aurora Shop must store your data, such as unpaid debts, your personal data cannot be erased. We will end all processing of personal data for other purposes than complying with the legislation.
4. Restriction of processing. You are entitled to request that your personal data be processed for certain restricted purposes. For example, you may request a restriction when you believe your information is incorrect and you have requested a correction according to the above. While the accuracy of the data is being investigated, its processing will be restricted.
If your personal data is stored at Aurora Shop, you have the right to data portability. That means the right to, under certain conditions, extract and transfer some of your personal data in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format to another personal data controller.
If Aurora Shop is processing personal data based on a balance of interest, you have the right to object to such processing. In the case of opposition, Aurora Shop will continue the processing only if there are more compelling interests to do so.
You may at any time object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing. Aurora Shop does not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes if you oppose to such processing. Once we have received your objection, we will cease to process your personal data for such marketing purposes. If you have consented to Aurora Shop storing and using your personal data for marketing purposes, you may revoke such consent at any time. Such recall may be limited to only part of the processing, such as direct marketing. Any recall is sent to email@example.com.
Possible change of integrity policy
Aurora Shop reserves the right to make changes to this Integrity Policy at any time. If the Integrity Policy materially changes, then Aurora Shop will, with reasonable notice, communicate this on its website and/or through email to you.
Contact information to the data controller
+358 45 3118838
Aurora Shop – All About Lapland Ltd
Valid as of 1.09.2022
Is there something missing from your store? Or, do you have questions about your order? Don’t hesitate to give us a message!